Friday, November 21, 2008

A Big Thanksgiving Wish‏

Dear Family and Friends,
Just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how thankful I am for each of you. Thanksgiving is a special time of year for me as I think back over the years of the special memories I treasure. I have so much to be thankful for. There are many things that I have always taken for granted and realize now that I am so far away from everything I hold dear. Just knowing you are all there, loving and supporting each other, means so much to us. We have exceptional children who make us proud to be their parents. Thank you for your love and support. We know that our living in China poses a hardship for some of you and we want you to know how happy we are. These dear people have taught us many things - especially about love and unconditional acceptance. We get emotional as we think of the grandchildren and their sweet faces, but know that they are being watched over in our absence. We aren't on a mission, but there are so many things that tell us that the Lords hand is in everything we do here. And we feel an overwhelming love for these sweet people - we love them as we love our family.
We pray daily that you are watched over and protected. We know the Lord listens to our prayers and answers them. We feel at peace and have an assurance that all is well at home. Know that as you are together eating your Thanksgiving feast, we will be in Beijing, but our thoughts and prayers will be in Utah with all of you... The Lord has been very generous with our family and we thank Him every day for the many blessings we all have. The knowledge of the Savior and His sacrifice for each of us is a big part of our life and we are forever in His debt. We will spend the remainder of our lives trying to attempt to show that gratitude by our actions.
I think of our many Thanksgivings together and many of them stand out in my memory. Our Thanksgivings in Salem, our special Thanksgivings in Provo at Grandma and Grandpa Halladays, the year Lesa went to California with Grandpa and Grandma Halladay. I remember the first Thanksgiving Erik was on his mission and how we missed him. I remember the year that Natalie had to spend her time with her new in-laws and not our family. I remember the year Darren and Lesa were in Australia and how hard it was for them, as well as all of us. And the year that Chad was gone at Thanksgiving and what a big hole it left in my heart. The year our little Andie was born just before Thanksgiving, and what a blessing she has been to us. All such precious memories.
They say to count your blessings, when Thanksgiving time is nigh, I have so many blessings, I just can't count that high!!!!!
May the Lord watch over and bless you, our dear family. We feel so blessed to be your parents and grandparents.
All our love,
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

erikhalladay1 said...

Jane I really want you to know how much I love to read these. It makes it seem like you are close by. We missed you and Rog at Thanksgiving as well. And we were sad to not have been with everyone else at Lesa's.
We can't wait to be together at Christmas with them and will be thinking, praying for and missing you both.
-Michelle