Saturday, October 11, 2008

We are STILL here‏

Just a short note to tell everyone that we are STILL here in China. We have had a hectic week, since our return back from our little holiday. Sometimes you wonder if those little holidays are really worth it all! We both came back with nasty colds and coughs. We just haven't caught up on our sleep.
This week has been a fast one for us and today Rog didn't have class, therefore, he moved all the furniture in our bedroom and cleaned while I was at school! Our bed was under a window and it is getting cold now.
My students are unbelievable. I really am loving the teaching and I especially love those kids. Yesterday, "Vivian" in my early class invited me to her home, here in Qingdao, for dinner. I told her that she would have to okay it with her mother first-in hopes of stalling her. Today, she texted me and wants to set a date - she says that her family is anxious to meet me. I am a little apprehensive to do that. I will wait and see when we can schedule a time. Sounds fun tho.
Tomorrow we will leave at 9:00 a.m. to go to the Koreans home and watch the Saturday session of General Conference. Then, we will return on Sunday to view the Sunday sessions. To go to church it is a 45 minute ride, each way. I am most anxious to watch conference, I am so sorry that I could not see it last weekend.
Rog just informed me that we need to go and help a friend move in about 10 minutes, so I must go for now. I will write more later.
Attached you will see pictures of the Canteen in our building.
Much Love, Mom

No comments: