Sunday, December 7, 2008

Additional China‏

Dear Ones,
I was talking to a friend about China and I remembered a couple of things that I definitely want to include in my notes. These are things that tell alot about the Chinese people and the culture. That is why I am continuing for today. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Monday night when we went to the market, as we were running to catch the bus I saw a touching sight that I don't want to forget about China.... I saw a Grandfather tenderly carrying a little boy in his arms and running with his daughter, to catch a bus. There were 3 generations: the Grandfather, his daughter and little grandson. There are many buses to stop at that stop and many people to catch buses. We always have to wait - it seems our bus #202 - is always the last bus to arrive, therefore, we watch many scenes. The Grandfather handed the little boy to the young mother and the mother and child boarded their bus. The Grandfather stood on the sidewalk and watched to see if the two were able to get a seat, as they boarded. He paced back and forth on the sidewalk, watching and trying to catch the little boys eye. I watched the entire scene and I never took my eyes off the Grandfather. I knew the exact minute he caught the little boys eye. It was a look of relief, BUT the the look of love on that Grandfathers face was something I can relate to. I know that look he had on his face - I have had that look and felt the same way he must have felt, as I watch my Grandchildren. It is a Universal feeling shared by all Grandparents, whether we live in the USA, China, Mexico or anywhere in the world. It is called unconditional love. I thought of my own grandchildren and how very much I love all of them and miss all of them - especially at this holiday season. You mean the world to Grandpa and I and you are the most important thing in our lives.

Last night I had a unexpected telephone call from one of my students. She was so excited to speak to me and she said that she had a secret she wanted to share with me. She was giddy with excitement to share. She explained that I am like a Grandmother to her, but she cannot share her secret with her Grandmother because her family would not be happy with the secret. ??????? She is in love..... It is not something that is encouraged, because these students are not supposed to fall in love or even notice the opposite sex until they are graduated and have a job - male or female. Can you remember the first time you fell in love? She can tell NO ONE, including roommates, because it is taboo. She was so happy and elated that she could share the secret with me and I would not tell anyone... You know, it is funny, I had noticed that they were flirting with each other in my class last week and I actually thought to myself, "I believe those two have "eyes" for each other". I was right!!! Sophie and Roger. She promised she would call me again and report to me and we hung up. I thought about her all evening. How sad, she has no one to share her happiness, but me...

I know why these special Chinese people do not have the fulness of the gospel. I have finally figured it out ! ! ! ! ! !
They are so innocent and pure - guarded by the Communists, therefore Satan has overlooked them. Unspotted in their innocence and love..
Just my theory.
I know that someday, these special students I have taught,will hear the gospel and realize that I am a member. I will do everything in my power to exemplify the Father, in all I say and do, without saying or doing anything that is against BYU China Teachers policy.
How I love them and I know that I knew many of them, before I came to this earth. How blessed I am to live among them and have the privilege of knowing and loving them in this estate. This is why I came to China - no doubt in my mind.

I love you all so very much.
Mom

No comments: