Thursday, June 24, 2010

Only 13 days left...

Dear Family:

As we made preparations and began teaching "last classes" this past week, I have been reflecting on the past two years and the changes that have occurred in my students. It is with a full heart I see them reach out to hug me and kiss my cheek, when two years ago, they were so shy and frightened to show any emotion, let alone look at, or embrace a foreigner!
It is with a heavy heart that I go to my classes and face these dear people which have become family to me. As I enter the classroom, I feel sad, knowing that it will be the last time I will see many of them! I look in their eyes and see the hope of youth, with all the expectations and dreams which youth posses. What a blessed person I am, having known each one of them, yet so aware of the responsibility which is mine - to be the example my Father in heaven expects of me. The spirit here in China is very real and we have felt our Father's hand in everything we have done. It has truly been an experience of a lifetime and we are so thankful to have been a part of the BYU China Teachers Program.
As our students say, "I hope you have a happy everyday and I'm very miss you!"
With much love,
Mom and Dad
P.S. I am also sending a few "last class photo's."

No comments: