Monday, May 24, 2010

China Update!‏

Dear Family:

We have been busy!!!!!! I just thought that I should update you on a few more ideas plus what has been happening in our lives!
Last week was a busy one.... Monday night we went over to the "Yellow River" for dinner and as we walked in the door I couldn't
believe my eyes! A man was waiting for a "take-out" order and as all the food was being put in the take-out plastic bags I saw
the waitress go over to the Tsingtao Beer ( 15 gallon keg containe and fill a plastic bag with beer! "Take-out" beer
"to go" in a single layer PLASTIC BAG..... I really had a good laugh over that!ea

It won't be long, and we will be home to stay! I have such mixed emotions just knowing that I won't be returning to China for another year to teach English. I have a hard time not looking at my students and crying. They are the dearest people and I love them so much. I feel like a young mother - afraid to let her children stay alone for
the first time. I have taught the same students oral English since they first came to Qingdao as Freshmen and I
can't imagine my life without them!
I must say that they are not frightened of "foreigners" anymore and they look me in the eye when they speak now BUT I will miss seeing their faces light up when I walk in the classroom. I will miss them just waiting for me - only me - on the days we have class! I will miss the calls on my cell phone from them. I will miss reading about their families. I will miss walking to class in the mornings and seeing all the Chinese "Ni Ni's" and "Ya Ya's" with their grandchildren. I will miss all the sights and smells and emotions in China. But mostly - my dear Chinese family - my beloved students........
I am SURE that there will be days - when I return - that will be pretty lonely and I am sure that I will shed many tears of loneliness for China and my little apartment here. Even my hard bed and the hot water for the 2 hours every morning and the 2 hours every evening!!!! Even my crude little kitchen and hot plate AND my washing machine that causes me so much grief.

We both feel very blessed that we have had the privilege of living and loving China. We thank Heavenly Father
daily for our MANY blessings. We are so lucky to have such good health and each other. We have grown very close and we really rely on each other for everything.

We are most anxious to see all of you - family and friends. We have our return trip travel plans now - so it seems like a reality that we will be leaving China.
We look forward for the chance to be with all of you and spend some time with each of you. We have missed you - from the oldest to the youngest and we know there are many changes in all of us. Hopefully those changes are all for the best!

We arrive in Las Vegas on July 7 at 4:10 p.m. and will drive a rental car directly to Cedar City. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Love,
Mom

No comments: