Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chinese New Year - Dumplings and Student

Dear Jane and Roger,
I am so glad to hear from you. I checked my e-mail again and found that you are right. I think I forgot to send you the pictures. How forgetful I am. I will send them this time and some other pictures I took recently.
I am so happy that you have got the present ready. I am anxious to see it. I have a very good time here in my hometown. It is really great to have fun with your family and friends. So are you. I think you must have a very very good time with your daughter and grandchildren. I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE LESA,TOO.
I have had many big meals since the Spring Festival. It is customs. Your relatives will call on you and have lunch with your family. Genearlly,there will be more than fifteen people, and we will make two tables of food and drink. One is for the man relatives,and the other one is for women and children. In the ordinary course of events,women and children have temperance drinks and men have beer or white spirit. The food is the same in two tables. We talk a lot while eating. We talk about the life in the last year and our plan in the next year. Occationally, we tell jokes. And then, children will be the objects. It will bring lots of fun when we talk about children. They are always so cute, and we love them.
We will call on back out of pliteness. And then we will have another big meal again. So even it is very fun to have big meals and delicious food, I am very worried about my weight. Now I guess I am ten pounds weighter than last year. I am afraid I have to take some measures to limit it.
I am looking forward to see you now. Miss you and dear Roger. Love you.
love,
Doris
PS: I will send you some pictures.I hope you will like them.
picture
1:dough making
The way to make dough is very simple as you need only to mix flour with water.

2: knead dough divide the big pice fo dough into seveal smaller pieces and then knead them.Anbout two minutes later the dough will be very pliable and tough.
3 4 5 Each piece of dough can make twenty or thirty dumplings.
6 mix meat and cabbige together,enfold a small ball into the dumpling wrapper,that is a dumpling then.
7 We put dates and coins or sweets into some of the dumplings, which means sweet and rich life.
the next two pictures are my dear young sister. She is very cute.I love kissing her. It is so sweet.
IMG 2004 2005 2006 2010 That is my uncle and his son. They are pateing the Spring Festival couplets.
IMG 2011 2013 I think it is beautiful.
IMG 2037 My mom and my aunt. The left one is my mom. They always wear quite similar clothe in that days.
IMG 2055 She is my best friend. We'v known each other since we were young. I am two months older than her. We are neighbours and we are close sisters. We love each other and treat each other like family member.
IMG 2062 This is my naughty sister. Though she makes us angry very often, we all love her so much. I hope she will find that soon. She is very smart. She plays cards very well.

No comments: