Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week!

Dear Family:

Today I sat on the bus, as we traveled to Taidong to shop and I reflected my life and the wonderful experiences I am having - living in a foreign country!!!!!!!!

I sat directly across from an older woman and looked in her face and my mind wandered to thoughts of my Mother The woman's face was etched in smile lines and as I gazed into her eyes I saw kindness. I looked at her clothes, worn but clean and I could see where she had mended her coat - something my Mother would have done... Her concern for us was evident. She offered me her seat and when I refused - she told a young man to give me his seat! I took note of her aged hands and imagined all the "motherly" tasks they must have performed in her lifetime.

My mind was overflowing with memories of past Thanksgivings. All the excitement, all the wonderful smells and all the love of family!! Special memories of each family member who has left this mortal existance, but left precious memories behind. All the memorable Thanksgivings in Provo and Salem and Cedar City....
Your Dad and my first Thanksgiving together and our last Thanksgiving with all of you before we left for China. Good thoughts.... Happy thoughts.....

I saw 3 older women get on the bus and visit back and forth and I thought of Grandma Pearl and dear Aunt Mary and Aunt Reva and all the good times they had together. I can NEVER think of a time they said unkind or hurtful words to each other. What a great example they set for me! I must remember to always have love in my heart for my brothers and sisters and tell them of my love and appreciation.

"They say to count your blessings when Thanksgiving time is nigh, I have SO MANY BLESSINGS, I just can't count that high".......

We will celebrate Thanksgiving this year - teaching classes! I have a class from 8-10 a.m. and a class from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Dad has a class from 8-10 a.m. We will probably spend the afternoon preparing for our classes on Friday, as we both teach all morning on Friday!
But, our hearts will be in Cedar City with all you special people who we love so dearly.. YOU are the ones we love the most - in the whole. wide world.
We have so very much to be thankful for and we thank our Heavenly Father every day for all the abundant blessings we have.

Have a memorable Thanksgiving and remember to count your blessings - you have SO many.
You live in the greatest country in the universe and you are free to do as you please and go where you would like to go. You all have lovely homes, cars, and a family who would do anything in the world for you. SO much more than most people in the world have!!!!!!
I have a greater appreciation of the many freedoms we Americans take for granted. I pray I never forget the things I have witnessed.

We can hardly wait until January 6th - when we will be home for 2 months!!!!!! We are "living" for all the hugs and kisses we KNOW are waiting for us...............

All our love,
Mom and Dad

No comments: