Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Learning Idioms

This is an e-mail from one of the Chinese teachers I teach! They are so kind! I LOVE this class - they are all adults! In fact, a couple of them are about my age! Most of them are around between Natalie and Lesa's ages though. She is pretty smart.
Just thought you would enjoy it...
Much Love,
Mom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jane,
I am your student of Tuesday afternoon class. I like you so much! You are really glamorous! I am very very happy that I have the opportunity to know you and become one of your students!
The ten idioms are in one paragraph as follows. I hope you could help me to correct
my mistakes.
Thank you very much!
Truely your's
Bonnie


Last year, we got a new neighbour--Susan, she's a breath of fresh air. Becouse she is so beautiful and polite. A young guy named David who was a cut above when he was a college student, had a crush on Susan. Every time he saw her, his face was a dead giveaway. One day he told her that he had a bone to pick with her. When she heard that, she was a basket case, she didn't know what he want to tell her. The next day, David drived a car and carried Susan to a cafe. They talked a lot. Before they left, David told Susan he love her and she's a big shot to him. On the way home, there was a close call, a bus nearly hit their car! Fortunately, nothing happened. Few months before, they got married, and now, Susan has a bun in the oven.They have a blast.

No comments: